Full of Character & Delightful Spaces
Renovations completed and signed off in 2009 oriented the house and office/studio to the sun and garden whilst retaining the character of this 1920s family home. It's a quiet, private, spacious, pleasant and safe environment, and high and dry, well above flood zones, including June 2015.
Fully-fenced, there are many places for children to play, explore or build tree-huts. The three bedrooms are all double. Formal and informal living areas inside and outside are great for all kinds of entertainment and relaxation.
The office/studio across the courtyard is sufficiently separate to retain professional boundaries; could be an inspiring meditation/yoga retreat, weaving whare, studio for music, art or writing; or a private room for teenagers or boarder.
Many good storage spaces: under the chimney, window-boxes, in the bedrooms, laundry and tool shed and part-way up the stairs there's an original rimu-lined cubby with lighting.
If you love gardens relax or get stuck in, either way - enjoy! The water bore keeps everything green and the soil is awesome. Many native trees and pa harakeke provide abundantly for tui, korimako, kereru, piwakawaka, riroriro and ruru. Enjoy various fruit trees; the vegetable garden and grapes. Deciduous trees offer shade in summer and let the sunshine in during winter.
Kindys, schools and shopping centre are within 1 km. It's less than 2 mins walk to the corner dairy, and across the road to Kowhai Park. Main-street Whanganui, UCOL, Wananga etc, are 20 minutes stroll, along the river walkway.
Enjoy whitebaiting or fishing, at the stopbank creek or the river, wharf or beaches are great. Kayak to the Saturday market across the river or hike, surf, water or snow ski and hunt - all moments or not much more than an hour away.
- House Style
- Suburban Garden; with extensive renovations Code of Compliance signed 2009
- carport (2009)
- timber and roughcast
- in roof; and throughout all renovations; 'office' fully insulated
- quality wool, anti-microbial carpet; tiling; natural timber
- Heating / Cooling
- DVS; wall heaters (2013); gas heater; bathroom heaters; Firenzo Athena flush firebox installed 2009; and modern open-fire box installed in upstairs bedroom same year.
- Window Coverings
- Thermal black-out drapes in living room; thermal drapes in downstairs bedrooms & family room
- Garden / Landscaping
- Fully-fenced, private landscaped garden with own water bore. Mature native, introduced, & fruit trees; grape vine. Vegetable garden, river loam; organic since 1996
- Weaving flax
- Pa harakeke ideal for weavers.
- Gas & Electricity
- Gas cooking & water heating
- Chattels Remaining
- Curtains, quality wool carpeting, lampshades etc.